Build excitement, memories, and community
A church trip should be more than mindless entertainment. In a world dominated by distracting technology and seductive advertising, it's difficult to find an activity that fosters a deep sense of community. With the overstimulation of video games, social media, and television, making an impact on the younger generations has become increasingly difficult. A trip to Outdoor Adventures and the Ocoee River may be just what you need.
Take your youth to a place where cheap, shallow entertainment cannot follow. Whitewater rafting is a real adventure. It's not a roller coaster where you just strap in and hang on. To successfully navigate the Class IV whitewater of the Ocoee, everyone must pitch in and do their part. Watch the transformation as individuals step into the raft at the top of the river and a team steps out at the bottom.
Needing each other and working together is what distinguishes whitewater rafting from so many other activities. Add to this the remote beauty of the Appalachian mountains and the physical exhilaration of hard work and suddenly opportunities to discuss what really matters in life seem to rise out of nowhere. Real life lessons that seemed remote and irrelevant are suddenly personal after a day building trust and community. You'll see it in the smiles and the laughter that fill the bus, in a spontaneous hug for a new friend, and the quiet moments of introspection around the campfire.
Don't miss your chance to add depth, excitement and meaning to your ministry. Call us today.
- Ocoee River Rafting (Middle section - 3.5 hours) $31.95/person
- Ocoee River Rafting (Full river - upper and middle - 6 hours) $75.00/person
- Tubing (Lower Ocoee River 1.5-2 hours) $12/person
- Alpine Tower (2-4 hours depending on group size) $24.80/person
- Paintball (2-3 hours) $28/person
- Rock Climbing and Rappelling (3-4 hours) $24.80/person
- Bunkhouse (indoor camping with A/C) $14/person
- Catered Meals $7.25 - $9.99/person
Local Free/Almost Free Activities:
- Hiking in the Cherokee National Forest - waterfall hikes (3-6 hours) May require parking fee.
- Swimming at Lakes or Rivers (3-6 hours) May require parking fee.
- Mountain Biking (3-6 hours) Bikes not provided at OAR, but if bikes are needed we can inform you of where to rent them for the day.
- Fishing (TN fishing license required) One day license $5.50 - $11.00